Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hugs-n-Kisses Quilt top

I have been really into using up my existing fabric and trying NOT to buy buy buy.  I have had a bundle of batik fat quarters for a few years now - and they were chose for the Hugs and Kisses quilt. The background is a mix of text and numbers. I went one more row of X's and O's in length than I planned, the quilt is about 50 X 70 now, but I am going to add a thin border to it. 

I am envisioning orange minky on the back - just because it's for a 9 year old - who I think would love SOFT. 

XOXO

3 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

SOFT is always good!! Beautiful XO hugs and Kisses Quilt! What a spectacular present!!!

Judy S. said...

Fun! Do you have a secret for quilting on minky? I think it's really hard to work with.

Cat said...

Judy - I haven't had a problem with minky except I don't like the way the edges shed. I put the back on the quilting frame without stretching it and it goes together beautifully. : )