Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summer's ending

Last day of August. Long weekend. 
A week ago I trimmed the corner of my finger off with the rotary cutter, but I am back at it this weekend.  Today I sewed thru another finger.  Oh my.  

This weekend's projects were to patch a very utilitarian bed-cover slash dog-blanket.  It had multiple holes in it from happy little dog claws rolling and crawling.  I figure I'll just keep adding patches until it totally resembles a Japanese boro cover. 


I put together and quilted my first donation quilt of the year. I am way behind on making donation quilts this year.  This one still needs the binding and washing.  It was made out of a stack of green and aqua scraps, and I put a white french rose in the corner.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

"Oh, dear" is right. I've shortened on of my finger tips last spring. I still have a tender spot! (I don't talk on the phone while I rotary cut anymore!)

Love your patchy quilt! I wish I'd just kept doing that with my old fave. The dogs won and I ended up tossing it. :-(

Your new donation quilt is lovely, too. It's going to make someone very happy.

Hope you have a great Labor Day and week ahead.
xo
Donna

Judy S. said...

Happy Labor Day, Cat! Nice quilts, but I hope your fingers heal well.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Ouch. Hope your fingers are okay! I am excited that you visited when Andi was napping on your quilt!! I have some AWAKE photos up today! All of your quilts are so filled with love...Happy Labor Day, Cat!