Saturday, May 24, 2014

On going...

What I finished:  The Anniversary quilt. It was a large quilt, about 60" X 80".  Backed with more fmf fabric and bound with a charcoal stripe. 
 What I've been working on:  Hand stitched quilt top. I've been calling the pieces "scales"... like dragon scales.  I started by making a clamshell pillow top and thinking the clamshells would be cool elongated and pointed, and worked up a template for "scales".  I thought it would be a good take-along project for the summer.  I think I am half way done already though, so will finish, add a border, and make a lap throw size quilt. Right now it is about 40" across.  I have a lot of future project ideas that would work with this template... like green tones of a forrest, or neutral linen look with embroidery, or medieval colors for a Dragon scale quilt...  As usual more ideas than time. 
As well as too many ideas, a lot of "should do's". I should work up a pattern to sell since it's uniquely out of my brain... some people make a lot of money off patterns.  Well, again... the time thing.

I am SO GLAD it's a weekend, and a three day one too!

Happy Weekend!  Happy Memorial Day!

I hope I'm not burning my dutch oven chicken wings!!!

2 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Hi Cat!! I LOVE your quilts!

Judy S. said...

Love those dragon scales! Great idea and very colorful. The Anniversary Quilt is very nice, too. Hope the chicken wings survived!