Saturday, February 07, 2009

Hope Reigns in my Heart

Pink... black and white.

I made the center block and tacked it down on top of the polka-dot block. Free hand machine stitched the bird and words, and stipple quilted the rest.

I have a second one in the making. I think I will donate one to the Relay for Life Cancer fundraiser that we have here in June, and the other I'll finish up to list on etsy. (Don't time me on this!) With the pink and the HOPE, it think it makes a perfect statement for the cancer fight.

Have a Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hey cat, I guess your enjoying your new machine!!! I'm Loving it! keep them coming!

Judy S. said...

Amen! Nice work, Cat.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm so digging the color combination & think it's quite thoughtful a donation to make to Walk for Life.

keep 'em coming - you're new creations have been really great. :)

Gerry said...

This is darling! I like the little doggy, too. Are you making the lettering free hand? It looks great.

Shopgirl said...

I love the black and pink...for some reason I am drawn to these colors, and this is lovely.
I love to donate things I have made. Remember when I made all the apricot jam...well I gave jars of it away Friday for the food bank. Things are getting hard for a lot of people these days.
Big Hugs Friend, Mary

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Cat,
This is wonderful ... love what your doing - I think you might of found your thing ... OOroo... B

Naturegirl said...

Love the direction your creativity is taking you! Your donation to a wonderful cause. Cancer takes away many but the cure saves many including me!
Your card touched me deeply ..thank you hugs NG

Julie Bagamary said...

Beautiful! LOVE the stiched words and bird!