Saturday, September 01, 2007

Fabric Collage

Different than a crazy quilt, but very similar, is this fabric collage. I placed the colorful fabrics on a piece of iron-on interface and pressed them in place. I then added the words. I placed the block on felt and stitched randomly across the pieces by hand with a running stitch and a feather stitch. Next added a back and blanket stitched the edge. This was a very simple project, maybe I'll try a second one with more embellishing.
Happy Holiday Weekend!
P.S. These fabrics will look very familiar to someone out there! (THANKS)

4 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

You've made it sound so simple, Cat. Maybe even I could do something like that?!!!
Sue

Anita said...

This fabric collage looks like "Flower Power" due to all the different colours! Oh yes, it would certainly look even greater! Oh, I am so happy that you taught me how to make such crazy quilts last year!

Thank you so much for your very nice comment on my recent post! I am so glad you like the blue sweet peas! I did not harvest the seeds so it might still take some time before you get them!

Have a wonderful week-end!

XoX, Anita

Beth said...

Another lovely piece. And thanks for the info on how you made it, very helpful.
xoxoxoxoxoxoo

One Crabapple said...

The prints are delightful and look vintage !

The words bring it allll together to be EVEN MORE

It is delicate and fragile but your stitches support it , make it strong. And the words , beautiful.